1. Pulling out your cellphone when you’re with a group of people. It immediately sends the message to those around you that what’s on their smartphone is more interesting than you and your conversation. So rude.
2. Taking endless pictures and videos at a concert. If you want to take some pictures, that’s cool. But there is a difference between that and taking 3 pictures per song and recording every other one. You will almost never look at those files again. They’re useless.
3. Using an iPad to take a picture. It makes you look ridiculous but it’s also an annoyance if people around you are also taking pictures, as well.
4. Bragging about your popularity on social media. The last thing anyone wants to hear in the real world is how many likes your Instagram photo got. It’s a boring topic unless someone else brings it up.
5. Not in the same vein, but people who are presenting a YouTube video and don’t take the cursor off the play button. It’s absolutely maddening to sit through a video while that playbar is up. I have no idea why, but it’s one of my biggest pet peeves.